Mark S. “Marcus” Barnett practiced law for twenty years, in Miami and Jacksonville. Previously, he was an Assistant Attorney General, focusing on criminal and civil prosecutions, economic crimes, consumer protection and environmental crimes.
He then was in private practice in South Beach and Miami, where he handled criminal defense, federal practice, and general civil litigation, before moving to Jacksonville.
His practice areas include criminal defense and appeals, including complex federal prosecutions, white collar crimes, professional licensure issues, drug cases, sex and pornography offenses, as well as DUI’s and misdemeanors. He also handles a variety of civil litigation matters, for individuals and businesses.
He has special expertise in crimes involving drug and alcohol addiction.
● Columbia College, Columbia University (B.A. in Political Science, 1983)
● University of Florida, College of Law (J.D. 1987)
● University of Florida Law Review
● Legal Negotiations Society
● Florida Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys
● Middle District of Florida
● Northern District of Florida
● U.S. Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals
Selected Practice History
● Assistant Attorney General, South Florida Bureau Chief, Consumer and Environmental Law Sections, Office of the Attorney General, State of Florida 1988-1993
● Mark S Barnett, P.A., Miami
● Fallgatter & Catlin, P.A., 2007-2017
Good man – very intelligent. I would recommend him to anyone that needs legal help. He has been very good to me!
Worked his butt off for me and is just a stand up guy!
Marcus is an excellent attorney. He is very knowledgeable about the judicial system and how to get things done fast!
Very knowledgeable, caring, and professional!!!!! Amazing attorney! Wouldn’t trust any other attorney with my legal needs!